Pumpkin French Toast Bake
I found this recipe at Allrecipes.com. I made up the pumpkin mixture, but soaked my bread slices and fried them in the pan like normal French toast. It was delish, but next time, I want to try the baked version.
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 loaf Texas toast thick-sliced bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, the cloves, nutmeg, and white sugar together in a bowl; beat in the pumpkin until fully incorporated.
- Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in the prepared baking dish; pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread cubes, and gently toss to coat.
- Stir 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, flour, and butter together with a fork in a small bowl until the mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over the bread cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top, 30 to 40 minutes.
This entry was posted in Cooking
. Bookmark the permalink